Zamboanga City's PASTIL

Since I'm currently living in Cebu, I can't help missing the unique food in Zamboanga. Yes, I'm a proud Zamboanguena here. You're not one when you haven't eaten it's famous street food yet - PASTIL.


TADAAAAH! Lemme introduce you the"pastil meal" (not complete though). The one at the bottom is the red sauce. It'sa  sweet, sour and spicy sauce.
 This one is the bihon (obviously). It's like the "rice" of the meal. It is mixed with the red sauce and the vinegar sauce (sorry I don't have a photo of the vinegar)


These are the KWEK KWEK. They're eggs coated with flour and deep-fried. It's like the "ulam" of the meal.


My favorite! ISAW. We have isaw all over the Philippines. Zamboanga's version of isaw is the one coated with flour and fried instead of grilled. Partner it with red sauce and it's the best. :)


Hi lovey! hihi.

If you wish to visit Zamboanga soon, I recommend this! It's a cheap street food but very yummy. This one is located at Tetuan, the store is Wiltes Pastil house, but you can find pastil anywhere in Zambo. I just usually eat here because it's the nearest from our house. 

Makes me drool seeing the photos. :( 

Enjoy eating!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I actually don't know po. Pero marami naman benta in case you'll visit or from Zamboanga :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts